Arol was born in Mar del Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina. Between pencils and Legos, he was clear that creativity was as necessary for him as breathing.
Teenager, surrounded by vinyl and guitars, he began studying graphic design and after receiving the degree in 1996, he experimented his first steps in advertising agencies in his city, until founding his own visual communication studio.
In 2003, in search of new challenges, he traveled to Spain where he has lived since then enjoying the professional path as a freelance.
Although art has always been one of his great loves since he was a child, in Spain he had the opportunity to focus more on artistic works such as illustration, doing work both for the international publishing area and for the textile field, creating prints for various Spanish brands.
Despite having flirted with digital art since the 90's, it was not until 2010 that he decided to develop as an artist using pop surrealism as a language and making his work 100% with a computer, until 2017 when he opened up to the wonderful experience of painting in a traditional way, using mostly oil on wood, exhibiting in various galleries and art festivals at the national and international level.
In 2018 he took his first steps in customizing Art Toys, making unique pieces and later the limited edition of a sculpture toy together with PEI, which led him to create his first epoxy putty sculptures in 2019 and 2020. Pieces that have been exhibited in the international area.
Currently his artwork is in Europe, USA and Asia.
Through the play of lights and shadows, focus and backlight, in an almost theatrical staging, the whole of my work has its roots in a surreal, dreamlike, symbolic language that launches without filters and without reason, nor reason, the images I rescued from the recesses of the unconscious.
Figures both tender and disturbing, sometiemes devoid of environment and represented in their own existence, rich in nuances and details. Innocent appearance that in a detained look reveals that child, often wounded, who inhabits all. This immediate recognition provokes an interpretation that oscillates between the creative sweetness and the noxious potency in a duality present in nature itself, as beautiful as it is destructive.
The aesthetic truth of my visual metaphors starts from an intimate truth, always attracted by the emotional world, by my curiosity and restlessness towards the personal universe that nests within us and that acts as a trigger of work, like a spring, at the same time, of a cathartic process of its own internal transmutation.
Self-taught, I do not limit my creation to one technique or another. The itinerary of my production is, to some extent, atypical and inverse. I went from 100% digital work, in original artworks and in limited editions, and I went to the physical format in paper giclée on cotton, to my current experimentation with traditional techniques, mainly oils on wood, which allow me to continue working in layers, as with digital techniques, to maintain a similar environment in the total works.
- Get Sur Real - The Lotus Gallery – Georgia – USA
- Caelis Gallery – Shanghai - China
- Dare to be you! Dare to dream - 13ª New Street Art Gallery – Hong Kong
- Tiny Treasures Show - Sally Centigrade Gallery – Denver – Colorado - USA
- ExpoArtToysVLC 2020 – Caos Community - Valencia
- ExpoToysBCN 2020 – Consell81 - Barcelona
- Exhibition Collective “20”, Penumbra Gallery, Portugal
- Incart XIII, Art Festival, Inca, Balearic Islands.
- Plural Exhibition, Can Planes Museum, Sa Pobla, Balearic Islands
- Incart XII, Art Festival, Inca, Balearic Islands.
- "Wine & Art", by Madrid Babel event, The Office, Madrid.
- JustMad3, International Art Fear, with ArtDealProject, Madrid.
- Fifth Exhibition Collective Collection of Estudio Digital, Málaga.
- Participation in "National Life and Landscapes - Palau Nationale", Café del Convent de Sant Agustín, Barcelona.
- Third Exhibition Collective Collection of Estudio Digital, "Illustrated Literature", Arganda del Rey, Madrid.
- Second Exhibition Collective Collection of Estudio Digital, "Looks", Paco Rabal Cultural Center, Madrid.
- First Exhibition Collective Collection of Estudio Digital, Paco Rabal Cultural Center, Madrid.
- Ugly Shop, Mercado de Fuencarral, Madrid.
- Crisis Comics, Madrid.
- Mini-Show, José Navarro Studio, Madrid.